Eric Ressler, Founder & Creative Director at Cosmic, hosts an informal live discussion with peers and colleagues in the social impact space to talk shop, ask and answer questions, and network.
Some key themes of this live discussion include the importance of belonging in branding and marketing, the challenges and resistance faced in communicating it, the significance of user research and testing, the importance of sensitivity and inclusivity, and the value of storytelling, clear communication, and authenticity in social impact organizations and fundraising efforts.
We also explore how marketing approaches are evolving to the changing landscape, balancing giving and asking, and strategies for communicating with authenticity, simplicity, and clarity.
- The challenge of incorporating belonging into brand messaging and the importance of understanding the experiences of different stakeholder groups.
- The importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in organizations and how tailored programming can support authentic representation.
- The value of user research and gathering community feedback to determine the reception of belonging as a core brand pillar.
- The significance of testing ideas and not making assumptions without real-world input.
- The importance of clear and empathetic communication in social impact organizations.
- Tailoring messages to different audience segments to address their unique values and concerns.
- Positioning supporters as protagonists and highlighting their active contribution to creating impact.
- Balancing academic language with accessibility in messaging.
- Simplifying complex content without losing important meaning.
- Considering the emotional impact of messaging and design.
- Ensuring accessibility and equity in communication.
- Addressing burnout and donor fatigue by engaging supporters without overwhelming them.
- Finding the right balance between urgency and authenticity in marketing.
- The importance of education and sharing updates with the audience.
- Diversifying tactics to be more effective in social impact efforts.
We're planning to host future discussions like this in the coming months, so be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date.