Deliberate Leaders: The Future of Social Impact Fundraising with Eric Ressler
Deliberate Leaders podcast host and business coach Allison Dunn welcomes Cosmic founder Eric Ressler for a conversation about how the social impact sector needs to change in order to take advantage of the benefits of the information era.
Deliberate Leaders podcast host and business coach Allison Dunn welcomes Cosmic founder Eric Ressler for a conversation about how the social impact sector needs to change in order to take advantage of the benefits of the information era. Allison and Eric examine strategies for competing in the attention economy, securing needed funding, breaking out of the starvation cycle, and more accurately assessing organizational effectiveness. This conversation highlights the power of a well developed brand strategy and the digital tools that can revolutionize the way you connect, inspire, and create real world change.
“How can you as a leader and as a business boost your signal and actually capture people’s attention and sustain it?”
- The leadership tip that shapes the social impact focus at Cosmic. [:48]
- Key reasons that so many social organizations struggle to secure needed funding. [2:10]
- Strategies and tools that all organizations need to consider in order to improve digital marketing. [5:50]
- What is the starvation cycle and how can organizations break out of it? [8:46]
- A look at what social impact organizations need to do today to make it to the future. [13:47]
- The importance of focusing on all aspects of a brand and brand values. [16:46]
- Why is overhead percentage ultimately the wrong metric to assess organizational effectiveness? [20:15]
Get our insights delivered straight to your inbox